Why connect?

This question will be asked by every person who is looking for a reasonable alternative of heating. Therefore, the following sections are divided according to customers’ required criteria.

Price of heat
Undoubtedly, the first question will be cost of heat. The company is owned by the town of Hradec Králové and the supplied heat is in respective waste from electricity production, so the cost of heat is the cheapest in the republic. There is also a need to bring the concept of heat measurement, because it is important where the heat measurement equipment is located. At the premises of the Tepelné hospodářství customer, the equipment is placed past the object heat exchanger. What does this mean? Let’s make a simple comparison with the gas boiler. When the gas is used, the heat is generated in the boiler; it is delivered to the pipes for heating water in the radiators and turned into heat. The effectiveness of such device is around 85% (depending on boiler type and its settings). The remaining 15% are the losses of the equipment, and these 15% are paid by a customer without having any benefits from it. In the case of the heat exchanger (from THHK), the heat measurement equipment is located past the exchanger, so the customer pays only for the heat that he really uses (the customer is not interested in losses of the equipment).

Acquisition and operating costs
Another important thing is the acquisition costs and annual operating costs of heating, whether the costs of a solid fuel boiler, a gas boiler, a heat pump or a heat exchanger. Acquisition costs of equipment also bring a question about ensuring the fuel and regular checks of the equipment that cost some money too. THHK Company gives quite a big amount towards the connection (or even the transmission station) that is based on the existing hot water line and on the consumption. Regular checks of the exchanger are free of charge for our customers (customers do not pay regular annual checks as it is in case of gas boilers).

Ecology
Nowadays there is an issue of environmental pollution. The heat is supplied through our transmission stations and distribution network from the heat supplier, the power station Opatovice, a.s. The combined equipment for power and heat production is one of the most environmentally friendly equipment, and is because of several reasons. The heat is a waste of power production and it is used for heating (the heat is not transmitted into the air through the condenser towers). The combustion process is set to the maximum effectiveness, so the coal is burnt completely and thus there is a minimum of other substances. After burning, the smoke does not go directly into the chimney, but to the system of separators and other equipment where it is cleared. The equipment for cleaning the air in the power station Opatovice is one of the most modern in the republic and its cleaning efficiency is 99.9%. Combustion resulting oxides (sulphur and nitrogen) are eliminated. The height of the chimneys is another important element. The fumes do not contribute to smog situations that are a major problem of urban living. In the case of combustion in small domestic boilers there are some refractory substances produced that exhaust from a chimney and also other substances like sulphur and nitrogen that are poisonous.

Benefits for the town
The THHK Company is owned by the town of Hradec Králové, therefore, the profits go to the municipal budget. The company itself contributes to the city life by significant financial support for its development. This is done through the partnership programmes or by the support of other one-time projects. The partnership programmes support for example hockey, football, education (new library in Pražské předměstí), and cultural events like the jazz festival Jazz Goes to Town. Also worth mentioning is the support of the Czech Red Cross in Hradec Králové. The one-time projects include support for the Dagmar Pecková concert at Philharmonic Hall.

Unlike foreign companies, our company does not give profits outside the region or the republic, and the money is invested back into the city development.


 

BackBtn